Important Steps to Take After a New York Bicycle Accident
Although you may not be able to totally prevent a bicycle accident while riding on the streets of New York, being prepared in the event that one occurs may reduce the severity of your injuries and ensure that you get the maximum monetary compensation that you deserve for the injuries you have suffered.
At Gersowitz, Libo & Korek, P.C., our New York City bicycle attorneys have extensive experience helping bicyclists recover the full compensation they are entitled to from insurance companies. We will fight for your rights and not give up until you have gotten all that you deserve.
I Was In A Bicycle Accident, Now What?
The steps you immediately take after being involved in an accident while riding your bicycle are important to your health, as well as to any future legal claims. Below is a list of some of the most important steps you should take following a New York bicycle accident:
- If your injuries permit, get out of the road, move your bike to safety and try to calm down.
- Call 911 and request both an ambulance and the police. This is an important step because even if you don’t think your injuries are serious now, once you are over the shock, the symptoms of serious injuries will surface.
- Obtain as much information as possible. This includes getting all the necessary information from the at-fault party, including driver’s license information, license plate and personal contact information. You should also get the contact information for any witnesses to the accident.
- Take pictures of the scene of accident, even if it is with your cell phone.
- Do not offer any information to any other party, especially the negligent party’s insurance company.
- Consult with a New York City bicycle attorney as soon as possible, even if you believe your injuries are minor.
How you handle the aftermath of a bicycle accident is very important. Every step that you take or fail to take can affect your health and your future legal claim. At Gersowitz, Libo & Korek, P.C., we understand how scary and emotional a bicycle accident can be, especially if you have sustained serious injuries. We are here to help you every step of the way. We will fight for your rights and make sure you get the compensation that you deserve.
Our New York City Bicycle Attorneys Are Here to Help
If you or a loved one was involved in a bike accident that resulted in serious injuries, please call Gersowitz, Libo & Korek P.C. at (212)584-2494 to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our experienced New York City bicycle attorneys.
Every case is different and will be resolved based on its specific facts. We will work with you to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve and the healthcare that you need. Call us today!
Get Answers to Your Bicycle Accident Questions: