Riding a bicycle is a great source of fun, an excellent way to get the daily exercise you need, and now a convenient mode of transportation with the launch of the City Bike Share Program. However, unfortunately, as beneficial as riding a bike may be, it can also be very dangerous if you are involved in an accident with a car or another motor vehicle.
Below are some important accident prevention tips and personal injury safety recommendations that may save your life when joining the other numerous New York City bicycle riders.
Bicycle Safety Tips
Even the most defensive bicyclists can get into accidents. But if you are prepared and consider some important safety tips when riding, you may be able to avoid accidents or reduce the severity of your injuries if you are involved in one. Here some basic safety tips:
- Wear a helmet and protective gear, including knee and shoulder pads
- Follow all the rules and regulations of the road
- Use a horn or bell in order to alert other bicyclists, motor vehicle drivers and pedestrians on the roads and sidewalks
- Make sure your bike is in good condition by checking its brakes, gears and other parts on a regular basis
- If you are riding at night, use reflectors, make sure your bike has a headlight and taillight, and wear bright clothing
Our New York City Bicycle Attorneys Are Here to Help
If you are injured in a New York City bicycle accident and are in need of an experienced attorney to help you get the monetary compensation you may be entitled to, call the legal team at Gersowitz, Libo & Korek. Our attorneys can answer all of your questions and provide you with a legal opinion on the value of your potential personal injury claim.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with a New York City bicycle attorney, call Gersowitz, Libo & Korek P.C. at (212) 584-2494.