You may be offered a settlement figure as compensation for your New York bicycle accident injuries. However, before accepting the settlement, there are many factors to consider. Once you accept the settlement and sign the documents, you are no longer able to pursue your claim, even if you need money for additional treatment.
Important Questions to Ask Before Accepting a Bicycle Accident Settlement
Below is a list of important questions you should considering asking before agreeing to a bicycle accident settlement:
- Are all of your injuries accounted for?
- Are you done treating for all of the injuries you sustained as a result of the bicycle accident?
- Are you aware of the different types of damages that are available to a victim of a bicycle accident?
- Have you consulted the right medical experts who specialize in treating the type of injuries you have sustained?
- Have you consulted with an experienced New York City bicycle accident attorney?
The bottom line is that by settling your bicycle accident claim and signing the Release and Waiver, you are required to give up all known and unknown claims against the negligent party who caused the accident. You should never give up these important rights without first consulting an experienced New York City bicycle accident lawyer.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a bicycle accident that was caused by the negligent or reckless actions of another party, call the New York City bicycle accident lawyers at Gersowitz, Libo & Korek, P.C. as you may be entitled to compensation.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation, call us at 212-584-2494. We are dedicated to getting you the full compensation you are entitled to for the injuries you have suffered.